The Land of Maharajas i.e. Rajasthan is one of the most famous tourist locations in India. Every year a large number of Indian and Foreign tourists visit the state. Rajasthan is home to various fabulous and famous tourist locations and is famous for its culture, forts, food, local festivals, music and much more. You can use various Makemytrip coupons for a journey that is also good for your pocket.Here, we are providing you a list of 10 best places to visit in Rajasthan that you should add in your holiday trip list
1. Jaipur- The pink city of India and the capital of Rajasthan i.e. Jaipur is one of the most famous places of India. The city was founded by the ruler of Amer, Jai Singh II in 1727. The city has a long list of historical monuments that you can visit. The Amber Palace (Amer) which is a UNESCO heritage site is one of such sites in Jaipur that you can visit. Located in hills, the palace is a beautiful combination of Hindu and Mughal styles. Jantar Mantar, which is also a UNESCO heritage site, is world’s largest observatories in the world and is located in the heart of Jaipur.
Some other major attractions of the city are- Hawa Mahal, Jal Mahal, City Palace, Jaigarh Fort, Birla Mandir, Sanghiji Jain temple, Jaipur Zoo, and many more.
2. Udaipur- Udaipur is Known as ‘City of Lakes’ and as the name suggests the city has number of lakes to visit. The two largest lakes of the city are – Fateh Sagar and Lake Pichola. The lake Palace situated in the middle of Pichola is one of the most beautiful and most visited places of Udaipur. Other than lakes, the city houses many Palaces like City Palace and Sajjangarh (Monsoon Palace). The ten-day Shilpgram Festival which starts from 21 Dec to 30 Dec also attracts a lot of tourists to the place.
Some other major attractions are- Jag Mandir, Ahar museum, Jagdish Temple, Saheliyon-ki-Bari, Gulab Bagh, Bagore-ki-Haveli, etc.
3. Jodhpur- Jodhpur which is also known as the blue city because of the blue painted houses in the city. The city is a perfect blend of the modern and the traditional and houses various palaces, temples and forts. The major attraction of the city is the Mehrangarh Fort which is the largest fort in Rajasthan. The fort is known for its carved panels, intricately decorated windows and walls of Moti Mahal, Phool Mahal and Sheesh Mahal.
Some other major attractions are- Khejarla Fort, Umaid Bhawan Palace, Moti Mahal, Sheesh Mahal, Phool Mahal, Chamunda Mataji temple, Ghanta Ghar, Mahamandir, etc.
4. Jaisalmer- Located in the heart of Thar Desert, the city is also known as golden city because of its view during day, color of sand and the color of its architecture. The most famous tourist attraction of the city is the Jaisalmer Fort, also called Sonar Qila (Golden Fort). It is known as Sonar Qila as it rises from desert and looks like it is made from golden sand.
Some other major attractions are- Nathmal Ji Ki Haveli, Mandir Palace, Patwon Ki Haveli, Gadisar Lake, Desert National Park, Kuldhara, Tanot Mata Temple, etc.
5. Mount Abu– Located at the highest elevation of the hills of Aravali, Mount Abu is the only hill station of Rajasthan. The place is full of natural beauty with large number of trees, lakes and waterfalls. One of the most famous tourist attractions of the place is Nakki Lake. Other than this, the place has a lot of historical and religious importance and is a home of religious monuments like Dilwara temple, Brahmakumari Ashram, etc.
Some other major attractions are- Guru Peak, Todd Rock View Point, Peace Park, Lal Temple, etc.
6. Pushkar- Pushkar is one of the oldest cities of India and is famous for fairs, festivities and temples. The place is surrounded by hillocks on three sides, which makes it a beautiful place. The major attraction of the town is the annual camel fair. Although it is a fair of buying and selling livestock, the fair includes a large of tourists who are attracted by the music and dance of the fair. Also the city is home to the only temple dedicated to Lord Brahma in the world.
Some other major attractions are- Pushkar Lake, Gurudwara Singh Sabha, Varaha temple, Savitri temple, Rangji Temple, Pap Mochini temple, Man Mahal, Atmateshwar temple, etc.
7. Bikaner- Know for its forts and food, Bikaner was founded in 1488 by Rathore Rajput ruler Rao Bika. The place is famous for sweets and provides you the authentic taste of Rajasthani cuisines. So, if you love sweets and food, it is the best place for you. Other than this, Bikaner is also known as “camel country” as it possesses world’s best riding camels and has world’s largest camel research and breeding farms.
Some other major attractions are- Junagarh Fort, Lalgarh Palace and museum, Laxmi Niwas Palace, Deshnok Karni Mata Temple, Jain Temple Bhandasar, Kodamdesar Temple, etc.
8. Bundi- Bundi is a place which has become very popular among the tourists. However, the place is less explored and is neglected by many tourists but the place is home to various temples, gardens and lakes that are worth visiting. The place also has blue colored houses like Jodhpur. So, you must explore this place.
Some other major attractions are- Sukh Mahal, Kshar Bag, Raniji ki Baori, Dabhai Kund, Nagar Sagar Kund, Taragarh Fort, Lake Jait Sagar, Nawal Sagar Lake, Ramgarh Vishdhari Wildlife Sanctuary, Garh Palace, etc.
9. Chittorgarh- Also known “Chittor”, the place is situated on the banks of the Berach River. Chittorgarh is the birthplace of various historical personalities like Maharana Pratap and is famous for Chittorgarh Fort. The majestic Chittorgarh Fort is set atop a 180 metre high hill and spread across 240 hectares and is a symbol of Rajput Spirit.
Some other major attractions are- Rani Padmin’s Palace, Vijay Stambh, Kalika Mata Temple, Tulja Bhavani temple, Gaumukh Reservoir, Ratan Singh Palace, Rana Kumbha Palace, etc.
10. Ajmer- Home to various tourist locations, Ajmer is famous for Dargah Sharif- shrine of sufi saint Moinuddin Chishti. Every year not only Muslims but equal numbers of Hindus visit the Dargah which is the major attraction of the place. Other than this, the place is also home to many Jain temples. So, Ajmer is a perfect blend of cultures, community and religions.
Some other major attractions are- Adhai Din Ka Jhonpda, Mayo College, Anasagar Lake, Soniji ki Nasiyan Jain Temple, Lake Foy Sagar, Nareli Jain Temple, Sai Baba Temple, Kishangarh Fort, etc.
These were the top 10 places to visit in Rajasthan, as we told you earlier Makemytrip is providing you various coupons for your visit to Rajasthan. So, what are you waiting for? Use these Makemytrip coupons and start your trip!!