ThisWCF Tutorial is Part-2 in series of new features in Windows Communication Foundation v4.5. In this part, we will further explore following interesting features:
- Single WSDL file
- Tooltip and Intellisense Support
In previous WCF Tutorial, we already have explored following features:
- Simplified Generated Configuration
- Validating WCF Configuration
WCF – Single WSDL file
::::: Free Practical Guide to WCF RESTful Service :::::
WCF – Tooltip and Intellisense Support
In Part-1 of this WCF Tutorial series, we already have discussed about “Simplified Generated Configuration” and “Configuration Validation“. Microsoft further provided Tooltip and Intellisense support in configuration file that will definitely improve WCF developer productivity because without Intellisense support, it was hard for developers to remember all configuration details.Following in this WCF tutorial, I have provided few screenshots for Tooltip and Intellisense support and you can easily understand that how helpful are all these enhancements.Below two screenshots are for tooltip support displays helping text for <behavior> and <serviceMetadata> elements in web.config of a WCF Application.
Intellisense support further improve developer performance as you can see that it’s supported for service name, binding and contract. Now, you as a developer don’t need to memorize it or copy/paste. Just choose your service, binding and contract easily.
I have given screenshots for only few things that are related to WCF but this intellisense support is for other configuration elements and inbuilt with Visual Studio.
Hopefully, these cool features will help you as a WCF developer to perform better. We will keep exploring the other new features in WCF 4.5 in this WCF 4.5 Tutorial Series.
Other Related Articles:
- Consuming a WCF RESTful service using jQuery
- Creating your first WCF REST service
- Post JSON data to WCF RESTful Service using jQuery
- basicHttpBinding Vs wsHttpBinding
- WCF vs ASMX
- ASP.NET Web API Tutorial
- Difference betweeen ASP.NET WebForms and ASP.NET MVC
Top 10 Interview Questions and Answers Series:
- Top 10 WCF Interview Questions
- Comprehensive Series of WCF Interview Questions
- Top 10 HTML5 Interview Questions
- Top 10 ASP.NET Interview Questions
- Comprehensive Series of ASP.NET Interview Questions
- Top 10 ASP.NET MVC Interview Questions
- Top 10 ASP.NET Web API Interview Questions
- Top 10 ASP.NET AJAX Interview Questions