- Address means “Where to find the service?”
- Binding means “How to communicate with service?”
- Contract defines “What to communicate?
As WCF Service Binding defines all about how to communicate. It plays an important role in managing performance and security for the service. So,understanding timeouts configuration values on binding will definitely have impact on performance, usability as well as security.Few days back, one of my colleague was facing an issue of inactivity timeout on aWCF service. We spend sometime looking into configuration and find out that “ReceiveTimeout” value on bindingwas set to a very short value.So, In order to resolve the issue, we just increase this timeout value to something bigger and reasonable as shown below. For the purpose of sharing, I am writing thisWCF Service Tutorial.<bindings>
“ReceiveTimeout” value on binding actually defines how long a session will remain idle before timing out.
Various timeout values on binding are listed below and we can find its detail here:
Top 10 Interview Questions and Answers Series:
- Top 10 WCF Interview Questions
- Comprehensive Series of WCF Interview Questions
- Top 10 HTML5 Interview Questions
- Top 10 ASP.NET Interview Questions
- Comprehensive Series of ASP.NET Interview Questions
- Top 10 ASP.NET MVC Interview Questions
- Top 10 ASP.NET Web API Interview Questions
- Top 10 ASP.NET AJAX Interview Questions